MapData Services' Web Services API Suite
In a nutshell, MapData Services' Web Services API Suite enables organisations to develop a variety of high-quality location-based applications for the web, mobile platforms and desktop.
The nitty gritty? Our Web Services and API Suite use URL or Simple Object Access Protocol requests to access context and geocoding web services and manipulate the results in XML.
Web Services and API Suite includes:
- Provides relevant contextual information for a specific location
- Takes either a property ID, coordinate or an address and returns meaningful data about that location
Allows users to access the following data sets:
- GeoRisk: Online web service providing organisations with the ability to assess risk down to the street address level using the Risk Frontiers data set which covers the five perils of flood, fire, cyclone, earthquake and hailstorm
- GeoRisk Premium: An enhanced risk web service providing organisations with the ability to assess risk down to the street address level. This enhanced service takes the Risk Frontiers data set which covers the five perils of flood, fire, cyclone, earthquake and hailstorm. Licenced members of the ICA can now access a hosted service for the National Flood Information Database (NFID)
Features Web Service API
- Empowers users to perform spatial searches on information
- Enables applications to view and map data such as markers, lines and shapes using an HTTP request
QuickLocate Web Service
- Determines the geographic location of a street address using a web service method
- Takes a full or partial street address as an input and returns one or more validated addresses and coordinates
- Reverse geocoding takes latitude and longitude coordinates and converts them into an address
Render Web Service
- Enables users to draw maps of routes and locations, place pushpins, draw polygon regions, set the map size and map view, select points on a map, obtain location information about points and polygons on a map, and pan and zoom a rendered map
- Calculates directions between locations using a Web Service request
- Routing requests can contain origins, destinations and waypoints as latitude/longitude coordinates
The MapData Services Places API is an HTTP web service that returns information about places, such as an address or Points of Interest. Place requests return locations with latitude and longitude coordinates where available.
The Places API includes:
- Place Suggestions – a service that returns place predictions based on a specified textual input and filters
- Place Search – a service that returns a list of places based on a user's geographic location or an area, including detailed information about that place