When it comes to understanding the level of natural hazard risk a property is exposed to, access to accurate, up-to-date risk data is vital.
MapData Services is a source of the latest risk mapping technologies and the most current, comprehensive and quantitative risk data portfolio available in Australia and New Zealand.
Our GeoRisk Services solutions include:
GeoRisk Web Service API
- A programmable online web service hosted by MapData Services.
- Accurately assesses risk down to a single street address level and determines its impact on a home or business.
- Enables cost-effective access to the exclusive Risk Frontiers (RF) Natural Hazards Risk Database. This database provides scientific information related to five ‘perils’: bushfire, earthquake, hailstorm, tropical cyclone and riverine flood.
GeoRisk Premium Web Service API
- An enhanced version of the GeoRisk Web Service which includes all the features outlined above.
- Members of the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) can access a hosted service for the National Flood Information Database (NFID).
RF Natural Hazards Risk Profile Report
- RF Natural Hazards Risk Profile Applications allow users to instantly assess an address’s exposure to natural disaster.
- Access online reports on a chosen single street address level, which contains a table of risk ratings and a series of maps identifying the location of the property.
- Generate PDF reports summarising natural hazard threats to individual Australian properties in a five-point ranking of the relative threat of hazard.