Established in 1998, MapData Services has grown from humble beginnings to become one of the region's most respected authorities in digital mapping and location-based data.
- MapData Services (previously MapData Sciences) was founded in 1998 by Laurie Edwards.
- In 2010, having built a well-regarded and successful business, Laurie passed the baton to Esri Australia.
- The company moved to change its name in 2010 to reflect its expanded offer of integrated mapping and data solutions. MapData Sciences in turn became MapData Services.
- Soon after joining the Esri Australia group of companies, Cassandra Barker, a 15-year veteran in the geospatial industry, was appointed General Manager of MapData Services.
- Since taking the reins, Cassandra has preserved MapData Services’ founding principles while writing a new chapter in its history, which has featured the:
- Growth of the core product suite, bringing some of the world’s most innovative, groundbreaking technologies to local businesses.
- Establishment of a client services model that rewards loyalty and recognises long-term and highly valuable client relationships.
- Assembly of a team of technical and commercially-minded specialists to take the business to the next level.