Throughout MapData Services’ history, we have been behind many of the digital mapping industry’s most significant milestones, these include:
- Building the first store locator for NSWTAB in September 1998, closely followed by the Caltex Service Station Locator.
- Supporting TNT with the hand delivery of Sydney Olympics tickets to local households in August 2000.
- Licensing mapping data to Google in May 2006.
- Launching Tactician Online, Australia’s leading site selection and territory management tool, in June 2006.
- Being appointed Australasian reseller of Microsoft Corporation’s web-based Bing Maps API Suite (formerly Virtual Earth and MapPoint Web Services) in November 2007.
- Partnering with Procon, the world’s leading provider of reliable mobile resource management products and services, in 2008. This partnership opened the door for local businesses to access Procon’s signature fleet tracking management system, which tracks 1.2 million vehicles every day around the world.
- Partnering with HERE (previously NAVTEQ), a leading global provider of digital location content, in July 2010. This partnership provides Australian businesses with access to the full suite of reliable mapping from HERE, traffic and location data.
- Launching MDS Foundation Map – the nation’s most accurate, authoritative base map – in July 2010.
- Signing as Enterprise partners of Google in August 2011.
- Bringing world-leading technology platforms earthmine and CitySourced to Australian shores in 2012.